A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Low Grade Glioma with Nocturnal Seizures

Low Grade Glioma with Nocturnal Seizures

Hello there,
    I am new here and this is my first post. My DH was diagnosed with a low grade glioma in the L temporal lobe and has suffered from 4 clonic tonic seizures, all nocturnal. He is a big guy, and therefore the seizures are very hard for me to manage as he progresses through the stages of the seizure. Looking for advice if anyone has had this and how they coped with the seizures??
    Thanks,
    Teresa

Super Moderator Top User
    Seizures are, in all but rare cases, manageable with medication. I suggest finding a epileptologist with experience in brain tumors - they may need to do an in-patient study with him hooked up to an EEG for an extended period including sleep while they try different drug combos. Regular NOs *think* they know how to manage seizures but its not their area of expertise - at the very least somone should start him on Keppra. Seizure meds can have side effects (fatigue, rage) but seizures are nasty business.
    Nikos

Glioblastoma IV, frontal lobe - Dx March 2011. Treated with standard Stupp protocol
    Recurrence August 2016 (at 5 years PFS). Surgery August 2016, rechallenge with TMZ with immunotheraphy (nivolumab)