A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried ..

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    1. Are you not still assuming that all of your common symptoms (I've had virtually all of them and more) lumped together, add up to cancer? As we age, it does not get any better.
    2. Such a search for cancer risks overlooking other things that need to be taken care of. How's your heart? That's killer #1.
    3. Doctor(s) are not worried. You are.
    4. Why?
    5. Reading and interacting with cancer patients - at this point - is only feeding your anxiety.

Whatever is being done for your anxiety is apparently insufficient. Have you undergone Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? It is the drug-free gold standard in anxiety treatment and you don't need to remember any meds.

Newbie New User

I am hoping not .....

Quote Originally Posted by po18guy View Post
    1. Are you not still assuming that all of your common symptoms (I've had virtually all of them and more) lumped together, add up to cancer? As we age, it does not get any better.
    2. Such a search for cancer risks overlooking other things that need to be taken care of. How's your heart? That's killer #1.
    3. Doctor(s) are not worried. You are.
    4. Why?
    5. Reading and interacting with cancer patients - at this point - is only feeding your anxiety.

Whatever is being done for your anxiety is apparently insufficient. Have you undergone Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? It is the drug-free gold standard in anxiety treatment and you don't need to remember any meds.
    Going through it for 1.5 years with my father having the exact same symptoms is a bit worriesome. I hope that you r right. I will log out of the site as it seems itís the wrong place for me to be seeking friendly advice.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Duge:

First, I am sorry that you lost your Dad to cancer and that alone combined with the grief you have undoublty experienced, may be attributing to your health concerns. As you know, we are not doctors and many of our members here have provided you with suggestions and thoughts on what your next considerations may be. We have provided "friendly" advise to you. However, your doctors at this time, are not concerned but yet you are not confident in their findings. Perhaps seek a second opinion but at some point, you must put some faith in the medical community.

I ask that you read our forum policies. Continuing on with the same line of questions after we have responded to the best of our abilities, results in threads being closed as there is little else we can offer. For this reason, I am closing this thread.

If you are ever diagnosed, we will be here for you without hesitation but for now, follow through with your doctor, both physically and mentally.

Lisa