A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Fibroblastic osteosarcoma (soft tissue tibia) metastasized to bones

Newbie New User

Fibroblastic osteosarcoma (soft tissue tibia) metastasized to bones

Hello everyone,

My younger brother (23yrs) has been diagnosed with Fibroblastic osteosarcoma which has metastasized to his bones. He is undergoing chemotherapy (Etoposide and Ifosfamide) and is due a PET Scan next week. He has also been administered a dose of Zol acid. My question is, are there any specific treatment options that I can explore to manage his lifestyle with bone mets. Anyone out there who has been managing their life with bone mets, please advise. I'm like a deer in headlights .

- X

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Xcruciator:

I am sorry to hear of your brothers diagnosis. While I do not have any real knowledge to add regarding your brother's specific diagnosis, I will say your bet resource at this point is to discuss nutritional subjects with his doctor.

You definitely want the physicians insight and approval as you do not want anything contradicting the effects of the chemotherapy regiment he is on.

Stay strong and your it sounds as you are a wonderful advocate for your brother's health.

Lisa

Newbie New User
    Thank you for the response Lisa. I have scheduled a discussion with the doctor to explore possible options going forward. He's in a good mental state, so hoping the medication works. Stay healthy and take care of yourself and your loved ones.

-X