A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Enlarged Spleen, lymph nodes, lower abdominal/bladder discomfort

Newbie New User

Enlarged Spleen, lymph nodes, lower abdominal/bladder discomfort

I was having strange lower abdominal, urinary tract discomfort and pain. So i went to get bloodwork and the only thing was my billirubin is very high. So i got a ct scan of my abdomen and they told me over the phone that i have an enlarged spleen and "lymph nodes that shouldn't be there" whatever that means. I need serious advice. Is this definitely probably lymphoma? If it was an infection wouldn't it show up on my bloodtest? I can only think of lymphoma that would cause this without having a high white blood cell count since Hodgkins cant be detected on a bloodtest... I'm very scared and waiting for my doctor to tell me what to do. I'm 25 years old so it's all very shocking.

Senior User
    Hi Evandelhi,

Sorry your worry has brought you to this cancer patients forum.

I am sure there is a whole range of possibilities between lymphoma and infection - and that is why doctors spend years studying the human body, its biology and inner workings, and the various diseases that can ail it.

"Serious advice" will come from your doctor, and I would speculate that the phone call was meant to ensure that you make an appointment to that effect without delay.

There will probably be more tests before you have a definite diagnosis- in any case, lymphoma is demonstrated by a biopsy.

Please make your worry useful by calling your doctor for that follow-up appointment - and do keep us posted.

Kind regards,

PBL