A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Change in my scan

Change in my scan

Well I guess my tumor seems to have grown a little. I hear back Thursday after the tumor board meeting. My NO thinks it’s likely surgery will be suggested and possibly some clinical trial options. She did say it’s possible there won’t be enough growth for them to want to do anything. But she seemed fairly confident that surgery is the route they’ll go. I think I would want surgery because it’s growing where the residual tumor was and I think I’d feel better evicting it.

What do I need to be asking? My mind is kind of all over the place right now.
    Last edited by Oregongirl87; 05-24-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    Had surgery 10/21/14 to remove Grade II Astrocytoma in right temporal lobe. 95% or more resection. Undergoing Clinical trial through UCSF taking Temodar and Everolimus for two years total.

1500mg Keppra, 600 mg Gabapentin daily

Well I found out tonight that the tumor board suggests surgery. I had the choice of 2 clinical trials, both vaccines. I picked one and so surgery will be this summer. I have a video call with the surgeon Monday. I feel very positive about this. I feel relieved too, to get that residual tumor out.
    Had surgery 10/21/14 to remove Grade II Astrocytoma in right temporal lobe. 95% or more resection. Undergoing Clinical trial through UCSF taking Temodar and Everolimus for two years total.

1500mg Keppra, 600 mg Gabapentin daily