A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Nuclear Stress Test Found a Lump

Newbie New User

Nuclear Stress Test Found a Lump

Iím absolutely scared out of my mind and need advice. Went in for my checkup and the doctor wanted to do a nuclear stress test to establish a baseline for the future. When I got home, the doctor called and said my heart was fine but the nuclear team found a spot on my left breast. She said she would call a nearby breast surgeon with the results and I needed to make an appointment. Doctor says she doesnít think itís anything but wants me to get it checked. I just had a mammogram 8 months ago and everything was fine. The breast surgeons office scheduled a mammogram, ultrasound, and a biopsy in case I needed one. When I get to the mammogram place, they keep asking why Iím there because it hadnít been a year since my last mammogram. Gotta love it when you get somewhere but your paperwork doesnít!! Anyway, they do the mammogram and start the ultrasound. The doctor doing the ultrasound says thereís been a lot of change in the left breast in the last 8 months and it looks serious but treatable. She does 2 biopsies-one in the nipple and one in a lymph node. Now, I sit and wait. Iíve got 2 more days until I get my results and Iím absolutely terrified. Iím also sick with a sinus infection and very sore from the biopsy. Iím so afraid and I feel so alone. I have no family history anywhere of breast cancer. Thank you so much for reading this and please send good thoughts/prayers my way.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Sorry you find yourself here posting on a cancer support site however, it is not cancer until pathology proves otherwise. Your physician has fast tracked you in getting to the cause of concern. Keep in mind, no all lumps equal cancer. In the event that pathology proves it is, it sounds like it has been caught early given your clear mammogram 8 months ago.

We fully understand how worried you are but the results will become available soon so for now, keep yourself busy, try not to think of the worst case scenerio. Easy said than done but feel confident in your doctors directive and that they are being proactive.

Keep us posted and we hope for the best for you .

Lisa

Newbie New User
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I found out today I have breast cancer. There are two cancerous lumps in my left breast. I see the surgeon tomorrow and will update when I know more.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you received a cancer diagnosis. Since your mammo was clear 8 months ago, hopefully this was caught early. Keep in mind, Breast Cancer Treatment, probably above all others, have come a long way so treatment options are many. Your doctor will discuss all the options and offer the one best for you.

To be honest with you, due to so many forums specific to Breast Cancer across the net, this particular sub forum on this site is not active, very little activity. I just didn't want you to feel we do not hear you. Of course we will offer you support just as we do any members but there may be questions we are unable to answer except in a more general way.

Do feel free to keep us posted.

Lisa