A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: just informed

Newbie New User

just informed

HELLOO
    Doc called a week ago and informed me that i have kidney cancer. What a blow that is. im a nervious wreck. My first appmt is with urology on june 24th. i hate waiting. I just got out from ten days at Madison V.A. hospital. All i know is that its my right kidney, not much to go on. i hear that if caught early enough that survival rates are at 80%. Thats great unless your in the 20 bracket. A little background, im 66 yr old disabled. ive got pacemaker plus 6 stents, a neurostimulater for back pain, ,2 laminectomies-l4,l5,s1,,had stomach removed about 6 yrs ago {non cancer}, bled out twice from stomach surgeries, severe neuropathy, 5 hernias repaired, TIA ,Afib , Arachnoiditis, Achalasia and now this. Im a fighter but things are getting harder. i guess im happy just to be on top side of dirt. First thing i told doc was TAKE IT OUT..I think thats pretty much a normal response. Since jan ive lost 4o lbs and doc wants to implant a feeding tube.. im sorry for rambling on,just nerves. update,6-19-2019, GI Doc called today,,NOW THEY ARE CONSIDERNG THE POEM procedure on my esophagus..They are worried that i wont be able to fight the cancer if my nutrition levels will be to low,,part of Achalasia.
    Last edited by robc2; 06-20-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by robc2 View Post
    HELLOO
    Doc called a week ago and informed me that i have kidney cancer. What a blow that is. im a nervious wreck. My first appmt is with urology on june 24th. i hate waiting. I just got out from ten days at Madison V.A. hospital. All i know is that its my right kidney, not much to go on. i hear that if caught early enough that survival rates are at 80%. Thats great unless your in the 20 bracket. A little background, im 66 yr old disabled. ive got pacemaker plus 6 stents, a neurostimulater for back pain, ,2 laminectomies-l4,l5,s1,,had stomach removed about 6 yrs ago {non cancer}, bled out twice from stomach surgeries, severe neuropathy, 5 hernias repaired, TIA ,Afib , Arachnoiditis, Achalasia and now this. Im a fighter but things are getting harder. i guess im happy just to be on top side of dirt. First thing i told doc was TAKE IT OUT..I think thats pretty much a normal response. Since jan ive lost 4o lbs and doc wants to implant a feeding tube.. im sorry for rambling on,just nerves. update,6-19-2019, GI Doc called today,,NOW THEY ARE CONSIDERNG THE POEM procedure on my esophagus..They are worried that i wont be able to fight the cancer if my nutrition levels will be to low,,part of Achalasia.
    UPDATE JULY 17 2019...Doing poem july 31st,, Pray it works--been feeling sick again,,,hard to hold any kind of food,,even those protien drinks. Maybe the cancer or tummy-esophagus issues. Just had a stress test yesterday, that was pre-op for POEM. Ankle have been swollen and very painfull,,,i dont think its a cardiac thing,,,,maybe neuropathy or Arachnoiditis issue.