I have stage 1 triple negative breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy on my right breast. My doctor also removed 2 lymph nodes. The tumor was small and contained in one area and she managed to get all the cancer. We decided to also do both chemo and radiation. 4 rounds of each. A week ago Thursday I had my first chemo treatment. I need to give you a little of my medical background. I've had 46 surgeries with breast cancer being my only cancer surgery. I have Sjogrens, fibromyalgia, arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, monoclonal gammopathy, COPD, asthma, interstatial lung disease, and generally crappy body disease. I am allergic to a long list of antibiotics and other medications as well.
After my first treatment I felt good except for my lung issues flaring up. By day 3 I was nauseated, coughing like crazy, pain more than my normal pain and a migraine like headache. I kept getting worse each day. I wasn't able to hold any thing down and I called my treatment center a second time. The first time they said a lot of it was normal. They had me come in when I called the second time and gave me fluids and nausea meds. They also gave me sancuso patch. Plus because my lungs were in bad shape they gave me antibiotics and Prednisone. I'm still vomiting but the diarrhea is better.
Has anyone else had a reaction like this?