A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Unsure and Need to Vent

Newbie New User

Unsure and Need to Vent

Well I've been having health issues for years now. Just on and off. We're doing scans and blood tests right now of a mass and some swelling in my ovaries. Could be a cyst could be an agitated ovary could be scary like cancer. I don't know. My symptoms match a majority of concerning symptoms but also match so many others who knows what's going on. Just want some answers and to let it out. Honestly I just hate the waiting and paranoia I feel right now. For no reason but I can't seem to shake it.

Ah. Okay. Hope this is allowed.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Sushi,
    I am sorry you have unanswered questions and frustrations right now. While you are concerned cancer could be a diagnosis, I am glad to see you have not convinced yourself it is that either yet without evidence. Remember only a biopsy can confirm the presence of cancer cells.
    Have they been investigating the same issue for the last couple of years or just you have had medical issues over the last few? You did not mention your relationship with your dr. Are you confident in them? Do you feel you need to go for a second opinion? Or maybe do you need to involve a patient advocate IF the diagnosis of your condition is taking an unusual amount of time?
    If it has not been a abnormal length of time and it is just the overall waiting getting to you, it is understandable. A lot is riding on these tests to give you the answers you seek. Try to keep busy as possible. Do you have a cupboard or room that has needed cleaning out? Now is the time to do it. Anything that will keep you very occupied.
    Please let us know how things go ok?
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED - no evidence of disease
    Aug 2019 - 5 yrs NED and discharged from cancer clinic!!!!!

Newbie New User

A reply

My doctor is good. Hes the first to not dismiss me as being hormonal. So far they've been really great and I'm happy with them. I just want to know what's going on and stuff. I work a lot and have been painting to occupy my thoughts. I have no clue what is going on just know that I'm sick, my doctors are concerned, and that it may be something scary. But then again I'm just paranoid about it. I'm not losing sleep over it or obsessing. Just kind of have it in the back of my mind. I read on here to worry as little as possible. I'm optimistic that itll be fine. But this is the fourth time they've worried about some form of cancer for me. So who knows. Even if it turns out for the worst, I'm sure I'll he in great hands. All I want is answers. I honestly don't care what they are. Just wanna make sure I'm doing what I need to do to make sure I'm healthy. They did a biopsy and found benign cells five or six years ago and I've had blood issues and "scares" ever since. So we will see! I may get a second opinion but it's way too early to tell. So I will just have to wait. It just feels nice to let it out and see that my concerns are justified.

Thanks for replying and reading.

Sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by jorola View Post
    Hi Sushi,
    I am sorry you have unanswered questions and frustrations right now. While you are concerned cancer could be a diagnosis, I am glad to see you have not convinced yourself it is that either yet without evidence. Remember only a biopsy can confirm the presence of cancer cells.
    Have they been investigating the same issue for the last couple of years or just you have had medical issues over the last few? You did not mention your relationship with your dr. Are you confident in them? Do you feel you need to go for a second opinion? Or maybe do you need to involve a patient advocate IF the diagnosis of your condition is taking an unusual amount of time?
    If it has not been a abnormal length of time and it is just the overall waiting getting to you, it is understandable. A lot is riding on these tests to give you the answers you seek. Try to keep busy as possible. Do you have a cupboard or room that has needed cleaning out? Now is the time to do it. Anything that will keep you very occupied.
    Please let us know how things go ok?
    Jodie