A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very worried PC

Newbie New User

Very worried PC

Hi all. Like my post said im very worried about my wife. All started on december when start to burp a lot. In january we went to doctor and make test blood and all was fine but a little bit aenemia. Passed some months the burps are pretty less but 2 weeks ago my wife ecperiencing some light stools that make me afraid. She Is not jaundiced and no loss weight or pain. We went again to doctor and I explain I was worried but she said nothing to worry.
    In fabruary I check he got some kind of terry nails

Super Moderator Top User ddessert's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like your doctor said, it is not time to worry yet. Those are common symptoms and there are many causes that are at least 1000X more likely than pancreatic cancer.
    BRCA2 3398del5
    Dec 2010 - back/abd pain
    May 2011 - Unresectable stage III, 2.5cm tumor
    Jun-Aug 2011 - Gem/Cis, 9 rounds
    Oct-Nov 2011 - IMRT+Xeloda
    Oct 2011-Sep 2012 - shrinking tumor
    Feb 2012 - National Familial Pancreatic Study
    Aug 2012 - Downgraded to stage IIA, PGP
    Sep 2012 - Whipple, T3N0M0, 0.5cm tumor, 0/16 lymph nodes
    Dec 2012 - Quebec PanCan Study
    Sep 2012-May 2019 - NED
    Mar 2013-present - NCT01088789
    Jun 2019- NCT03805919
    @pancanology

Newbie New User
    Just sent a stool test and a appointment with digestivo doctor for november. I tell her for another blood test and she refused arguing no need make another

Newbie New User
    Im very sorry for bother you again, but im really scared and in high anxiety knowing since November dont have a meeting with digestive doctor.
    Its possible suffer from PC with no sign of pain even pancreas suffered enough damage for become a pancreatic insufficiency ???
    I know here nobody can make a diagnosis, but I think many of you got enough experience for bring me some light about it.
    And again, sorry in advance for bother you.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Sorry you are so worried for your wife Chokdeebcn79. We can not guess to the cause but would take the advice ddessert has provided in his response to you. He is highly knowledgeable about Pancreatic Cancer and your description thus far on your wife's symptoms can point to just about any cause least one being cancer.

What you should do is take lead from your wife, take a deep breath and follow her lead. She is not overly worried and if you stay on this course, you will only cause undue stress to yourself but your wife as well. If you are not satisfied with the doctors findings, assuming your wife will agree to it, seek a second opinion.

If your anxiety is debilitating, then please seek counsel for yourself. Also, stop Googling symptoms. Google is not a doctor and will convince just about anyone they are seriously ill based on random, unrelated symptoms.

Blog Entries
    If you ask cancer patients if they’ve had some symptom or other, you will always get a “yes” answer. It does not matter what symptom or what cancer. Cancer patients have had every symptom imaginable, so an answer to your question does not really tell you anything.

What I read “between the lines” on your question is that you’ve already convinced yourself that she suffers from pancreatic insufficiency. That is a big leap without much evidence. And even if she did have such an insufficiency, it could be much more easily attributed to a blocked pancreatic duct that is much more likely and definitely not pancreatic cancer.

That is not a diagnosis, but description that cancer is fairly rare compared to the other things that this could be.
    BRCA2 3398del5
    Dec 2010 - back/abd pain
    May 2011 - Unresectable stage III, 2.5cm tumor
    Jun-Aug 2011 - Gem/Cis, 9 rounds
    Oct-Nov 2011 - IMRT+Xeloda
    Oct 2011-Sep 2012 - shrinking tumor
    Feb 2012 - National Familial Pancreatic Study
    Aug 2012 - Downgraded to stage IIA, PGP
    Sep 2012 - Whipple, T3N0M0, 0.5cm tumor, 0/16 lymph nodes
    Dec 2012 - Quebec PanCan Study
    Sep 2012-May 2019 - NED
    Mar 2013-present - NCT01088789
    Jun 2019- NCT03805919
    @pancanology

Newbie New User
    Thanks a lot for your time in answers, but how is possible an obstruction on pancreatic duct with no symptoms of pain and why about the burps since last december?? Im very afraid something bad happen and catch it too late cause is more than 7 months since started to burp.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Chokdeebcn79:

We have provided responses to the best of our abilities and your questions remain the same. Since you are very worried and anxious, please do speak with your doctor. Have you expressed your concerns to your wife? Maybe reach back out to the doctor who she has seen who did not feel there was anything of an urgent matter.

Please understand, we can not guess what is the cause of your wife's issue. We can only help in steering you in the right direction as we are not doctors but a community made up of cancer patients, loved ones and care givers.

Please read our policy in regards to "Worried" posters if you have not yet done so. It may help put things in order for you. It is a long time to wait for the gastro appointment and I assume it has something to do where you reside? Maybe ask your wife's doctor if there is any way to fast track her November appointment to sometime within the next month or two.

For now, if things worsen, then contact the doctor but at this point, only you are worried. Your wife is not worried, her doctor is not worried. Burping can be caused by so many things and jumping to thoughts of Pancreatic Cancer is extreme so please do get your own anxiety in check.

Good luck to you. Feel free to come back once your wife has seen a doctor but for now, there is nothing else, which has not already been suggested, we can offer to alleviate your worry.

Blog Entries
    Also, consider that there can be more than one very common problem(s) happening at the same time (IBS, anxiety, gallstone, blocked bile duct, blocked pancreatic duct, pancreatitis, poor diet, etc) instead of one rare problem (cancer).

Let the doctors sort it out.

Newbie New User
    I come with a little update about my situation. After check about terry nails could be concerned about diabetes I convince my wife to go pharmacy to check his blood sugar. They check the EaG and comes with a 4.6% ( normal range ) but his blood sugars at that moment was a little bit low, 58 mg/DL.
    I move forward to meeting doctor again for check his blood sugars in the next week and his blood sugars became 78 mg/DL ( normal range ). This week went again for the results of stool test who became negative on bacteries. At this point I break on tears and speak to my wife about my thoughts. I know I did very bad, bit this situation is overhelming me cause im really afraid to lose my wife. She told me if she got cancer she does not wanna know. After 8 months of burping symptoms still dont know what is happening to my lovely sweet wife. At this point I dont know what can I do as far my wife does not look worried about his stools and burping and I can not stop to think something is wrong with her. Sorry for bother again with this thread but Im really having the worst days of my life.