A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: FIT test

FIT test

I just had my home wellness check up. Using a FIT test (Cologuard) sent to a lab, I was notified they did find blood in my colon. I am now will be scheduling for a colonoscopy after hand surgery next week. (Yes, I fell out of a chair and broke my hand and three fingers. They have to put pins in to stabilize with a cast for three weeks. Seems to be never ending). But that’s life.
    Then I get the news about the FIT test. I realize this does not mean I have cancer. It could be a myriad of things. My question is how reliable is the FIT test? Because I was Al’s only caregiver, it was hard to keep up on my own health.I did get my rotator cuff surgeries done, my cardio testing, my diabetic eye test, new glassesmy mammogram, my home wellness, my office wellness test, labs and so now it’s colonoscopy, bone density test and so on. Been a busy bee plus $$$. Plus David will soon have another brain surgery on the FIT test (Cologuard).
    Thanks for any info you can give me. Through all this All of you were my greatest source of support except for God and Jesus.
    Last edited by Marian333; 08-03-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    His fight is over. How brave he was. 47 years of love.