A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Good to be here. Any and every opinion appreciated... Concerned

Newbie New User

Smile Good to be here. Any and every opinion appreciated... Concerned

First of all thank you for reading my post. You are cool, helpful and caring people for sure. I am a 71 YO man and I had my colonoscopy when I was 67.
    I had 4 polyps, all ok. Dr. said all else looked normal. Going for another colonoscopy Aug 22. 8 months late. In the last 6 weeks or so I noticed a change
    in my stools. They would go from diarrhea to loose and back to diarrhea. A slight pain just over my right hip during the time. Only when I moved a certain
    way. Not when I pressed on it. No blood in stool, color good, no lower stomach pain, no bloating and no loss of weight. However when I do have a BM and
    when I poop loose stools, at times it feels like I could go more, but I don't. I was wondering if any of you guys/girls ever experienced something like this.
    I know your not doctors and surely don't expect a diagnosis. I'll find out the 22nd. Just an opinion and maybe a prayer as I will be doing for all of you.
    You all are the real troopers. Take care and God bless. Yazman

Welcome I am fairly new and I don't really know what your symptoms could indicate, what I can do is keep you in my prayers that everything is ok. Michelle

Newbie New User
    Back at you Michelle. Prayers to you and your husband. Give it time . Time heals all. Both take care and God bless.

Regular User
    Hi Yazman - I have had colon cancer and the only symptom I had was some rectal bleeding that I attributed to hemorrhoids. Turned out to be a single polyp and surgery was performed a few weeks after my initial colonoscopy at age 59. From what you describe, it doesn't sound like symptoms of colon cancer, but as you can guess - I'm no doctor. I will add you to my prayer list - colon cancer patients are pretty special peeps and so are those who are worried they might be a cancer patient.

Moderator Top User Fourlegsgood's Avatar
    Yazman, you will know it is a fools errand to try to double guess a colonoscopy. My cancer was quite near the rectum so I had blood in my stools. Other people have no symptoms at all. Best just to chill, get on with your life and wait until the 22nd. But I’m sure you knew that anyway!

Nick
    Age 1/2 way to 120 plus 1. Symptom of blood in stools May 2011. Colonoscopy June 2011 confirmed rectal cancer. CT scan June 2011 showed no spread to other organs. Anterior resection July 2011 plus 50% bowel removed due to thickening observed during operation. Biopsy confirmed stage 2 in rectum only. Completed 8 cycles of precautionary capecitabine (4600mg Xeloda). Returned to horse riding 6 weeks post op, jumping 2weeks later and first competition 2 weeks after that. July 2012 - CT scan clear. June 2014 - CT scan clear. December 2014 - Colonoscopy clear. July 2017 - 6 year CT scan clear.

Newbie New User
    DebSeg, thank you for your reply and your prayers and back at you. Sorry about your cancer. And how are you doing?. Well I hope.
    My prayers are with you and good luck your next 30 years or so.

Newbie New User
    Nick, thanks for your reply. Sounds like words of wisdom to me. Sounds like your doing well and good luck and good health the rest of the journey.

Tony

Yazman,

How did the colonoscopy go? I think you posted it was to be the 22nd. You should have some sort of feed back by now. I hope all is well for you. Let us know.

doug
    MyJourney:
    August 2004 Colonoscopy Clear
    June-July 2013 Abdominal Discomfort Upper Abdomen X-ray, UltraSound, CTScan all clear
    8.23.13 Diagnosed 5cm tumor on rectum wall: adenocarcinoma @age 66
    Aug-Sept2013 Met with Surgeon,Hematologist and Radiation oncologist
    Oct.-Nov.: Xeloda concurrent with radiation: 25 doses
    November CTScan, MRI and surgeon scoped: Tumor gone, scar tissue
    1.6.14 Surgery LAR: Rectum removed, sphincter remains: Pathology: no lymph node,
    Tumor downgraded from Possible T3 to T2
    Feb. - April Chemo:5 FU and Oxilaplatin:6 infusions over 14 weeks
    9.4.14 ColonoscopyClear,CT Clear
    Dec.14 Follow up BlWk +,CEA .9
    Mar.15Follow up BlWk +,CEA .6
    June.15 Follow up BlWk +,CEA .7
    Sept2015Followup BlWk + CEA .7 CTScanClear NED
    Dec2015SurgicalHerniaRepair
    Sept2016Followup BlWk + CEA .7 CTScanClear NED
    Sept-Oct2017Followup All clear NED
    Sept-Oct2018CTScan+Clear Bldwk+
    Mar2019Bldwk+NED
    Continue ColoRectal Support Group monthly

Newbie New User
    Thank You Doug for asking. I appreciate it very much. 1 small polyp, no cancer. So relieved. First bowel movement post colonoscopy, excellent. A day later, still
    loose stool. I will admit I did celebrate with a pint and a half of Canadian Club after my DX. Could be the reason. Need to cut it out. I am an alcoholic no doubt.
    Need to take care of this for sure. Thank you so much Doug for being concerned and responding. I wish and pray that you will continue to do well. God Bless Always.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Yazman View Post
    Thank You Doug for asking. I appreciate it very much. 1 small polyp, no cancer. So relieved. First bowel movement post colonoscopy, excellent. A day later, still
    loose stool. I will admit I did celebrate with a pint and a half of Canadian Club after my DX. Could be the reason. Need to cut it out. I am an alcoholic no doubt.
    Need to take care of this for sure. Thank you so much Doug for being concerned and responding. I wish and pray that you will continue to do well. God Bless Always.

Tony
    Tony, Thanks for the update! That is terrific news! Of course you celebrated! Get out there and live your life!

doug
    MyJourney:
    August 2004 Colonoscopy Clear
    June-July 2013 Abdominal Discomfort Upper Abdomen X-ray, UltraSound, CTScan all clear
    8.23.13 Diagnosed 5cm tumor on rectum wall: adenocarcinoma @age 66
    Aug-Sept2013 Met with Surgeon,Hematologist and Radiation oncologist
    Oct.-Nov.: Xeloda concurrent with radiation: 25 doses
    November CTScan, MRI and surgeon scoped: Tumor gone, scar tissue
    1.6.14 Surgery LAR: Rectum removed, sphincter remains: Pathology: no lymph node,
    Tumor downgraded from Possible T3 to T2
    Feb. - April Chemo:5 FU and Oxilaplatin:6 infusions over 14 weeks
    9.4.14 ColonoscopyClear,CT Clear
    Dec.14 Follow up BlWk +,CEA .9
    Mar.15Follow up BlWk +,CEA .6
    June.15 Follow up BlWk +,CEA .7
    Sept2015Followup BlWk + CEA .7 CTScanClear NED
    Dec2015SurgicalHerniaRepair
    Sept2016Followup BlWk + CEA .7 CTScanClear NED
    Sept-Oct2017Followup All clear NED
    Sept-Oct2018CTScan+Clear Bldwk+
    Mar2019Bldwk+NED