A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Just finished Proton Therapy

Senior User

Just finished Proton Therapy

Seven weeks and 30 Rad treatments are behind me and Chemo will begin in about a month for a year. UGH
    RACL

How do you feel? I hope it went fairly well for you. I have a friend on the chemo and she says itís kind of rough. I hope itís smoother for you.

Senior User
    I am just soooo tired and nauseated. I hope for a little improvement before I have to start chemo. I took chemo for a year in 2012 when first diagnosed and I feel like I lost a year because I felt so bad. Beginning July 15 I took 27 treatments of proton and three treatments of photon because the proton beam went down for a week. It was so disappointing but I had a great team working with me.

Iím so sorry. Iíve heard itís pretty rough going through the radiation. The break hopefully will get you feeling a little better before chemo starts again. It is so unfortunate that the chemo for us is a year and we have to feel bad for so long. I hope you have lots of support and love.

Super Moderator Top User
    just curious what they told you about pros and cons of proton vs photon radiation?

Good luck!
    Nikos

Glioblastoma IV, frontal lobe - Dx March 2011. Treated with standard Stupp protocol
    Recurrence August 2016 (at 5 years PFS). Surgery August 2016, rechallenge with TMZ with immunotheraphy (nivolumab)