A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: 3cm supraclavicular node and scared!

Newbie New User

3cm supraclavicular node and scared!

I had my ultrasound today but no result given yet. The node is causing pressure on my esophagus. Is a SNode always cancerous?
    Node has been swollen for about 6 weeks. I do have a swollen tonsil on right side as well but does not hurt. Mono test was negative. I did have low grade fevers, chills and fatigue for a month but these sysmptoms have stopped about two weeks ago. A 10 day course of antibiotics did not eradicate symptoms. Only time has BUT still have this huge collarbone node and swollen tonsil.
    Does this sound familiar with anyone?

Newbie New User
    Oh and no cause of possible infection was discovered but my doctor did not look very hard

Newbie New User
    Please keep me updated on how u go, I had a swollen collarbone and collarbone area, and CT scan showed a 14mm (1.4cm) lymph node, blood tests or all, and I’ve had same symptoms as u as well as mild shortness of breath and excessive weakness and fatigue. Ultrasound, couldn’t actually reach the lymph node, so the lady just dismissed it as a reactive node, without even seeing it. I am scared as u, as as far as the internet tells u, supraclavicular nodes are worrisome for cancer or mestatic cancer etc. mine is on the left side also. I dont have tonsils anymore.

Newbie New User
    Hi Grace
    Radiologist called today. 3.75 cm mass in neck. Referred for CT scan on tuesday.
    I would get yours checked just in case. You willnon stop.worry otherwise and better safe tham sorry!

Newbie New User
    Sorry I saw you had the CT scan. Get yourself a second opinion if you are worried. Especially if you are 40 or above..risk goes way up with those nodes.