A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Hello question

Newbie New User

Question Hello question

Thank you for allowing me to post here. I have recently discovered that my dad was diagnosed with stage III Glioma. They are going into remove the right frontal lobe I believe? Next Thursday. They originally thought it was a very low-grade cancer. I am a cancer survivor myself of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I would just like to know what I’m dealing with exactly? I’m not too familiar with this type of cancer. I know people respond differently-we meet the oncologist next week after the surgery. I need to prepare myself for what’s to come. Chemo and rad I know that’s in the works. Nobody ever really knows, but some knowledge would be helpful.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your time and valuable insight.

Love and light to everyone here.
    Best,
    Becky

Super Moderator Top User
    Becky,

There is a ‘sticky’ post in this forum by Lboy that is entitled “Introduction to brain cancer”. I would start by going through that and following up with specific questions you may have.

Good luck to both of you!
    Nikos

Glioblastoma IV, frontal lobe - Dx March 2011. Treated with standard Stupp protocol
    Recurrence August 2016 (at 5 years PFS). Surgery August 2016, rechallenge with TMZ with immunotheraphy (nivolumab)