A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Uterine sarcoma 1B

Uterine sarcoma 1B

Just diagnosed ...had a robotic total hysterectomy plus nodes ( all negative ) a week ago Little pain but quite worried about what is next ...
    I am 72 and hope to stay active and able to travel etc ...

Welcome to the forum but sorry you had to look us up.
    It appears they caught your cancer very early which is always a very important. If the doctors were able to get all of your cancer with clear margins (cancer was cleanly cut out) you may not need further treatment. It is possible that as a precaution they may want you to take some chemo or radiation. I am sure that this will all be discussed with you at your follow up appointment.
    Here's to many more active and adventurous years for you. Let us know what the doctor's say.
    Remember to follow your restrictions from your doctor regarding your recovery and don't get constipated - speaking from experience after having a hysterectomy.
    Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED - no evidence of disease
    Aug 2019 - 5 yrs NED and discharged from cancer clinic!!!!!

Experienced User
    It is good to know that you have little pain right now. That was pretty much my experience after robotic surgery. Your medical team will let you know what is recommended as follow-up. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Answering those for you is part of their job! Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has an online nomogram (calculator) that you can run your specific details through to help better understand your situation. After my surgery five years ago, I found the paper-based nomograms available then very helpful in understanding my options and framing questions for my medical team. https://www.mskcc.org/nomograms/uterine/post_op

Wishing you all the best through this process.
    Last edited by surprisedbylife; 11-17-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: details needed
    Intermediate Risk Endometriod Cancer: Stage 1a Grade 2 some lymphvascular space invasion, DaVinci surgery December 2014, Brachytherapy February 2015

I'm glad I saw this since I was diagnosed on Nov. 14 with stage 1b uterine adenocarcinoma. I am having a robotic total hysterectomy on Dec. 10th. I'm glad to hear you have no pain, since my pain has become quite horrid.