A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: New Diagnosis

New Diagnosis

Hi All....I too am a cancer survivor (kidney removal - transplant - etc) but this post is about my brother. He was diagnosed last week with Meso and was given 3 months to 1 year depending on which doctor you ask. His first Chemo is this coming Friday. First symptom was fluid build-up in lungs. Drained a LOT frequently and actually needed a cathetor implant so he could drain it at home as needed. Not as much fluid build-up now though. He remains positive but realistic and is obviously scared. He lives about five hours away. I'm going to visit him during his treatment, but thought I'd wait until the second treatment so he can work through the first one with his wife, daughter, and son-in-law. We are both mid 50's.

What's coming?? How will he feel after the first treatment? the second?
    It;s going to be a hard trip. I'll keep you all posted.
    Thnks for letting me talk.....Ron

Oh Ron, I am so very sorry about your brother's cancer . I do not know much about the treatment for Mesothelioma. I hope he tolerates it well. Do keep us informed.

Your brother is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

Treatment for Mesothelioma.

It's really sad to hear about your brother, friend. Mesothelioma Cancer is one of the dangerous type of cancer which has almost very minimum ratio to be cured. But still we should believe in God because he is the only one who gives health and prosperity.
    I would like to refer you to a blog MesotheliomaDiagnosis.co.uk. You can get a very handsome information for treatments and procedures to be followed for cure of Mesothelioma Cancer. You can find some good health institutions where this cancer is being treated by various new terminologies.
    May your brother get well soon.
    ~*~ Christina ~*~
    Mesotheliomadiagnosis.co.uk

Thanks

Thank you Jim and Christina. The courage and consideration of people in this situation is absolutely incredible. Your well wishes are appreciated. I've decided not bother him for his first treatment. It will be his immediate family this week and I'll show up for his second treatment the following week. Knowing him, this will be best. We parted ways many, many years ago - no hard feelings or anything - we just got wrapped into our own lives. We've been very close the last 4/5 years as we ended up living closer to each other, and we stay in close contact by phone and frequent visits now. We have a total of seven siblings and I know the phone calls are supportive, but can overwhelm at the same time. I'm still there for him though.....Ron

Ya Ron. It's my pleasure to help you anywyz. May he get well soon.
    Regards.
    ~*~ Christina ~*~
    Mesotheliomadiagnosis.co.uk

save your life and your family from mesothelioma now!

save your life and your family from mesothelioma now!

more info about mesothelioma at

delaware--mesothelioma-lawyers.co.cc