A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: To Forum or not to Forum...That is the answer...

To Forum or not to Forum...That is the answer...

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with your my experience with Forum's in the past...So if your choosing whether to join in or not....let me share with you...

20 years ago I married my 1st love. We were married for 17 years when I discovered my husband was having an affair. I went crazy trying to figure out his "Symtoms" because thins were just not right. I soon discovered he was is full blown Mid-Life. I searched the net everywhere trying to figure out what I could do and what I did wrong... I found a Mid-Life Crisis Forum. For reasons of my own I filed for divorce which I won't get into, but I had found the best thing since sliced bread.

The Forum friends I made over the 3 years were priceless. They held me and comforted me and helped me with every question, suggestion, similar circumstance, and were there to listen. It made me feel good to know that I wasn't the only person going thru what I was going thru and that people cared. When I was down they lifted me up, when I couldn't sleep they stayed awake and chatted, and when I was neutral i helped them as much as I could. The armoured me for my divorce and dealing with situations I had never expected, and they helped me transfer into a very self confident independent women who was able to remove the "us" and find the "me".

Not every bit of advice given was taken. I was warned not to jump into a relationship too soon, but I followed my heart and found my soul mate and true love, my current husband. But a lot of the advice was so helpful and I don't think I would be who I am today if it weren't for them. I think I would be the Bitter ex-wife still grieving and going out of my mind.

So here I am three years later, joining another forum for different but similar reasons...to find answers, suggestions, support and guidance, and foremost friends going thru similar situations so I can feel like I'm not being singled out and that I'm part of a community that cares.

So if you are wondering if you should Forum or not....Go for it, you don't have to give specifics on who you are, and it's the best place to ask those "Stupid Questions" though no question is stupid, and who knows, you may walk away with a hand full of friends and find yoursel knowing more and loving more.

P.S. True story on my other forum, a women going thru divorce was wondering what she was going to do about Christmas with money tight, she had been a long time on the forum and low and behold for her son age 5 she received 3 giftchecks in the mail to Toys-R-Us and Wal-mart. AMAZING how people DO CARE even if you don't know who they are. (gift cards were sent to forum manager to forward to member).
    Believe
    --------
    Husband has Lung Cancer & Brain Tumor NSCLC Stage IV
    Diagnosed Mar 2008
    37 Yrs Old
    Smoker 15 years
    - - - - - -
    My story thus far: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9545
    - - - - - -
    Current treatments & Meds:
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9550

Thank you for sharing that New. It is true that when you are surrounded by people going through the same types of crises in life, things go easier and it helps you keep your balance.

God bless as you begin this new journey with your husband,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

wow

Thank you for sharing that experience.... Have you read the story "Thank God I Had Cancer"? It's a great story... I don't know if it is ok to post a link here so try to search in google search engine and read it... Or search the Thank God For Ebooks.. or click my signature...