A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B17 & Essiac tea query?

Quote Originally Posted by valcas1
    PBJ,

I am curious if you questioned how something that would cleanse the system with antioxidants would undermine the Chemo? It does not seem logical to me. It also boosts your immune system which is the direct opposite of what Chemo does, it destroys the immune system.
    Paul, it is not that antioxidants "undermine" the chemotherapy agents; it is that some chemotherapy agents can react with and be destroyed by antioxidants. It is always good to talk to your own doctor about ALL medications and supplements just to avoid such conflicts.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

Re: B17, E-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by babilula
    Hi everyone,
    Not visited the site for couple of weeks as we have been away. I find it interesting reading everyone's different views on chemo and alternatives. However, from what I understand, whilst chemo works quite well on some cancers, eg colon, breast. it doesn't have such a good record on some others.
    My husband was told quite frankly by his oncologist that any chemo he has in future is palliative. It isn't going to cure him, and may actually make him worse, because of the way it damages the immune system. Quite honestly we have nothing to lose by trying alternatives. The "average" life expectancy now his bladder cancer has metastized is 12 months. This could be 6 months or 2 years.
    What we are looking to do now is keep him as well as possible so that he can enjoy whatever time he has left.
    With this in view he is taking High Vit C, multi vits, Omega3,6 and 9 as well as B17 and the Native American herbal tea. He is actually quite well. The only problem at the moment is bone pain in his pelvis where the cancer has spread, which makes it difficult to sit for long and makes driving a real pain.
    I realize there are many people out there who wouldn't agree with this approach. Many of you who would try every form of chemo to battle your cancer and good luck to all of you, there are many excellent stories on this site to show that it works for some.
    We each have to travel our own road and make our own choices.
    I just think it is unfair when governments etc step in and deny people the things they would like to try. Like I said, we have nothing to lose.
    The Big Brother approach to herbal supplements and vitamins is frightening. People should be able to choose for themselves. There is much anecdotal evidence for B17 and other alternatives, but because it isn't backed by the drug companies, who can't make any money from it, it gets banned.
    My husband is at the moment very positive and determined to prove the doctors wrong. I hope that in 5 years time he is still here. It wont prove that any of the other stuff works of course, but it will be another link in the chain of anecdotal evidence, if only we can still manage to get the stuff he wants to take.
    Hi babilula!
    Glad to hear things are going well. I pretty much feel the same with all you said. I have been reading a great book that you should pick up. It's called Cancer Step Outside The Box By Ty Bollinger. I think you will really like it. By the way my dad is doing great! He is continuing with his routine of apricot seeds,b17 and goji juice. The doctors are pretty amazed. After the ct scan that showed no cancer they went in and did a scope. The stomach and liver are totally clean. My mom asked the doctor if my dads results were typical and he said to tell you the truth,no they are not.
    When all this started back in January the doctor was upset that my dad didnt want to do the study because he wanted to take the b17. When you do a study you cant do any kind of alternatives. He told my dad that he was being foolish and that if he did the study he might be able to get at least 75% of the cancer. Looks like the doctor was the foolish one.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello all

All of this is making me a little angry. We have a standard medical treatment which has been shown to work and work really well in lots of people. On the other hand we have a drug, which has been proven not to effect the progress of cancer .
    Both treatments are used and when a positive result is achieved people ask the question" was it the chemo or the b17" It was the chemo, the b 17 had nothing to do with the remission. The jury really is in on this . The stuff does not work , it is a waste of money and it is illegal to market this stuff as a cancer cure, a lot of people have been put in prison for promoting this rubbish and it is dangerous.

I can see how snake oil salesmen make such easy money now. Come on people stop having the wool pulled over your eyes by criminals.

Cheers
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valcas1
    PBJ,

I am curious if you questioned how something that would cleanse the system with antioxidants would undermine the Chemo? It does not seem logical to me. It also boosts your immune system which is the direct opposite of what Chemo does, it destroys the immune system.

Paul
    Paul Chemotherapy does not 'Destroy" the immune system. each drug has specific actions and they all work differently. Some stop cell reproduction, others encourage cell death, they all work differently , but none work by destroying the immune system and in fact this does not happen.

Unfortunately Paul medicine does not work on 'Common sense". It is based in cold hard science. Medical science is fascinating and mind boggling, I would encourage you to read as much as you can, let in the light and banish the Dark !

Antioxidants are no different to any other drug. They have interactions so you should always consult with your doctor before taking them if you are having chemo, it could in fact save your life.

Cheers
    Age 62

Still alive in 2019 !

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemoMan
    Hello all

All of this is making me a little angry. We have a standard medical treatment which has been shown to work and work really well in lots of people. On the other hand we have a drug, which has been proven not to effect the progress of cancer .
    Both treatments are used and when a positive result is achieved people ask the question" was it the chemo or the b17" It was the chemo, the b 17 had nothing to do with the remission. The jury really is in on this . The stuff does not work , it is a waste of money and it is illegal to market this stuff as a cancer cure, a lot of people have been put in prison for promoting this rubbish and it is dangerous.

I can see how snake oil salesmen make such easy money now. Come on people stop having the wool pulled over your eyes by criminals.

Cheers
    Sorry ChemoMan but I dont agree with you at all. You say that b17 is dangerous? Lets look at chemo.Chemotherapy is toxic,carcinogenic,destroys red blood cells,devastates the immune system,and kills vital organs. Your hair falls out,your immune system is destroyed,you get nauseated,you get sick and vomit,you are constantly dizzy,and you get severe headaches.Sounds to me that this is the dangerous stuff.

Paul, I agree with you; chemo is "dangerous stuff". However, chemotherapy has been scientifically proved to work whereas B17 has never been scientifically shown to work. Yes, you can list people who have used B17 and gotten better. What you cannot, or should not do, is claim with any amount of certainty that the improvement is a result of the B17. In fact you said this a while back:

"I will never really know if the altenative treatments have helped or cured anything. But I can tell you that it has not hurt him. We pray and remain positive that dad will continue to have the energy he does today and continue to live his life on his terms."
    I too pray that your father's health continues to improve.
    Jim
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.

Regular User
    Brainman,

I understand that you are the site admin. So with all due respect, what was the purpose of the last post?

I never said any alternative treatment was certain to cure any cancer. You qouted just that, my exact words saying I did not know what was helping my father.

Why have a alternative treatment forum? It seems to me people can not post their experiences with alternative treatments. I thank you for this site and the opportunity to share information with others.

ChemoMan,

While I appreciate you trying to show me the light. I think you should reread my posts. I have talked to my fathers doctors about everything we have done.

Paul.

Paul, this forum is for exactly this type of discussion. You can feel free to disagree with me. However, I think we have more areas of agreement than disagreement! I even quoted you twice .

My point was just to state my distinction between scientific and anecdotal proofs.

Anyhow, I did not mean to sound like I am the final voice on this subject... just another person with his own opinions.
    Jim

Cyanide targets cancer

The editorial philosophy is that because a remedy is unproven, this does not mean that it has been disproven.

Some might argue that the below is B17/Laetrile in action!!!!!

Researchers at the London Imperial College say that they had harnessed a cyanide generating system that could be developed to produce anti cancer drugs. This is based on the mechanism used by the plants as a defense system against insects.

The scientists believe that they can attach that enzyme to a cancer seeking antibody capable of recognizing a protein found only in certain cancers. The method known as AGENT ( Antibody Guided Enzyme Nitrile Therapy) would produce an agent that could potentially kill cancer cells and leave the healthy tissue unharmed. They have engineered the enzyme and attached it to an antibody that will target specific tumours, when injected into the body

A second drug, containing the sugar, would then be introduced which would react with the enzyme to release cyanide and kill the cancer cells.

Dr Mahendra Deonarain said the system would be so specific that only the target tumour would be exposed to the cyanide.

"The enzyme will circulate around the body and accumulate in the tumour only, and then it will clear from everywhere else. Then the second step is to inject the sugar drug and that itself will circulate around the body but only where the tumour is, where the enzyme is, will you get the cyanide.

"It will be enough to kill the cancer cells and you will be able to repeat it over and over again until the tumour has gone." Dr Deonarain said the cancer cells would not be able to develop resistance to the cyanide in the way they can with some of current cancer therapies.

The work is still at an early stage but it was promising. Dr. Mahendra Deonaraian of Imperial College's Department of Biochemistry told the British Association 's Festival Science meeting in London - " We have demonstrated that this system is able to specifically kill tumour cells by cyanide intoxication.". "The next step is to identify the best molecule to proceed before we go on to animal studies."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saucey
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemoMan
    Hello all

Cheers
    Sorry ChemoMan but I dont agree with you at all. You say that b17 is dangerous? Lets look at chemo.Chemotherapy is toxic,carcinogenic,destroys red blood cells,devastates the immune system,and kills vital organs. Your hair falls out,your immune system is destroyed,you get nauseated,you get sick and vomit,you are constantly dizzy,and you get severe headaches.Sounds to me that this is the dangerous stuff.
    If you sell Laterile (B17) in the USA as a cancer cure you will go to prison. I think its a 2 year sentence, could even be more. Quite frankly anyone who robs from cancer patients deserves at least ten years.

I have had 6 cycles of chemo and none of the things that you wrote happened to me, apart from my hair falling out and guess what ? It grew back . My immune system is fine and all my vital organs work well and I am in remission. I'll take that over that rubbish that does not work any day

I repeat anyone who sells b17 in the USA as a cancer treatment will go to prison where they truly belong. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Cheers
    Age 62

Still alive in 2019 !