A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: B17 & Essiac tea query?

Re: B17

When a person uses the term "toxic" it generally means the substance is poisonous when taken in low doses. With this definition, laetrile/B17 is not toxic.

Vitamin B-17 (nitriloside, amygdaline) is a designation proposed to include a large group of water-soluble, sugary, compounds found in over 800 plants, many of which are edible.

If you eat foods containing nitrilosides, your body will know what to do next. Many fruits, nuts, seeds, sprouts, grains and some vegetables contain nitrilosides that everybody eats consistently.
    It is also a diglucoside with cyanide radical that is highly "bio-accessible." This means that it penetrates through the cellular membrane reaching high intra-cellular concentrations easily. This cyanide radical is what once made the vitamin controversial, but over the years, it has been proven that amygdaline is completely safe and non-toxic.

The scare stories always focus on the minute amounts of naturally occurring cyanide found in Vitamin B17. But no mention is made in any of these stories of the wondrous mechanism governing the release of this cyanide (your body). No harm is done to the person eating this vitamin (if that were the case, we have consumed enough apricots, apples, peaches, cherries, strawberries, peas, beans, nuts etc containing B17 to have finished us off long ago) !!!!
    A further embarrassment for the cancer orthodoxy must surely be the research being carried out at the Imperial College in London, where researchers are looking at ways of using naturally-occurring plant cyanide to specifically attack human bowel tumours.

As I have written in another forum topic, we have seen, the health records of the Hunzicuts, the Eskimo's and many others around the world are statistically conclusive that vitamin B17 does control cancer in human beings in direct proportion to the amount of Nitrilosides or vitamin B17 found in their native diet.. The world wide epidemiological picture is consistent. Wherever "primitive peoples" eat their traditional natural diet, their intake of nitrilosides/B17 is high, and their cancer incidence is low.

There can be little controversy over that

The vital part of your comment is that the nutrient is taken as part of a whole, and not as a selective extract.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi
    So we have an apologist for the fraudsters and the murderers who push this crap on us. Making a lot of cash of the cancer patients are you? Scared some truth may hurt your bottom line. Or are you simply deluded?

Laetrile is not harmful hey. Cyanide is not poison ? What a load of garbage. You do realize that pushing this crap in the States will lead you to prison? But of course you could always go to mexico to get your poison, a country well known for its fantastic health care , NOT!

Nikki Dekker....Victim of Laetrile Dead at 5 years of age
    Jo Anne Pye.....Victim of Laetrile, Dead at 42 years of age
    Joseph Hofbauer Victim of Laetrile dead at 8 years of age
    Kimberly Cox..... Victim of Laetrile Dead at 7 years of age
    Linda Epping......Victim of laetrile dead at 8 years of age

In 1977 a health notice was issued to every doctor in the united states in total over 1 million health professionals. It stated that laetrile is worthless,Poisonous, often contaminated with fungus and insect parts and may also contain free cyanide from the breakdown of laetrile. After this time no Doctor can prescribe this without risk of prison and/or huge fines

Ernest Krebs jr, Andrew McNaugton, John Richardson, Robert Bradford all snake oil salesmen for the laetrile cult are convicted criminals, convicted for the deaths of cancer patients they personally defrauded and robbed of their money and their life. Normally a robber gives you a choice, but not this lot of quacks.

Calling a poison a Vitamin was the latest scam the organised laetrile cult has produced. There is no vtamin B17, its made up, bogus, fictious, crap!
    A vitamin is a substance essential for human health and low levels produce illness. B17 is NOT a vitamin, never has been, never will be.

The laetrile cult is a billion dollar a year industry, they are organised and ruthless in their pursuit of our money. Contrary to what the fraudster has written, traditional diets high in cyanide are not healthy. African countries have very high rates of people with progressing neurologic damage due to the high cyanide content of their food, mainly cassava. This damage cause , blindness deafness and muscle atrophy.

Its a fraud, it doesn't work and more importantly it will harm you. But if you want to kill yourself, go right ahead.

There are many millions of Cancer survivors on this planet today, who would all be dead if they had relied on laetrile. I am one of them and this board is populated by them.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/32/5/1121
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

memyselfi, I the risk of sounding like a dictator, Leo, the owner of the forum, is very concerned about members posting information that has the potential of being dangerous. I have reviewed the history of your posts and they all fall into this category. I also know that we have had this chat before. Please, do not post again unless you are talking about your father or mother's cancers, how you are coping, etceteras. If you continue, you will force my hand and I will have to ban you.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

hi, saucey
    i've read your comment and i am very interesting in how is your dad doing.
    my dad is diagnosed with lung cancer and had an operation where they removed his right lung. he is on a diet but from today he is on a b17 (the whole package: all the other vitamins and enzymes). my concern is that it might have some side effects. that is why i amcontacting you to tell me is there anything bad in it, and how was your dad coping with b17 and kernels as well.
    looking forward to hearing from you
    thanks
    olja

Newbie New User

B17

Hi I was diagnosed with lymphoma 5 years ago,I opted for a better life style,raw foods, no drinking alcohol,vit c spirulina and my consultant said b17 kernels so far I am still all good, feel good,they keep an eye on me and if I do in anyway feel bad and that could be just feeling a little low I pop into Macmillan they do a blood test and just say Carry on your doing great, I do believe in the mind staying strong and don't always believe what you read but take time and do your own studies and ask or discus it with your consultant,it was mine that said about the apricot kernels and how some on his other patients with horrible cancers have not got worse,also with green magic spirulina, he was not selling the stuff to me he just knew I didn't really want chemo,ok that said if I was on my hands and knees I would of taken moden medicine,I think either way be thankful you have the best of both and you never know if Lady Luck is shinning down on you and let's be honest we do need that little prayer of help. Keep the body as much in alkalined state as you can,these are the way forward,I joined this forum with an open mind and I still see that some are disagreeing with alternative medicine, and I also understand that people want to sell you natural stuff like spirulina apricot kernels and maybe even suggest that they cure cancer,then the opposition say that's rubbish and the fight goes on both saying its all about the money pharmacies can't make money on apricot kernels so they say its not a cancer cure and the pharmacies saying we have done test to prove that ten rats with tumours ate the kernels and nothing happened apart from they love nuts, well don't be nutty about it, try it in small dosages give yourself time get some exercise,meditate and I know I shouldn't say this but it sounds like this forum that's suppose to be a free speech on how we are all trying to fight our upsets and illnesses our hurts our ups and downs,are not on the side of natural remedies,mmm strange.anyway god bless stay positive

Please note that this forum is for the support of those who seek conventional treatments, not alternatives. There are many other forums out there that embrace alternative therapies. There will be no argument. This board is for discussion on complementary therapies that complement our conventional treatments, not for the use of alternatives instead of them.

Everyone has the right to their own choices and ours here is conventional means.

Best wishes for good health to everyone.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemathapar View Post
    Hi- my dads been diagnosed with HCC stage 4. Doctors have recommended only oral chemo. Was wondering if any one in this forum has tried Apricot seeds or the Essiac Tea and seen any results.
    Look forward to some help and honest opinion. Thanks
    Sorry to hear of your father. This thread is quite old and no longer being followed.

My dad tried B-17 and died probably faster than otherwise. All of this alternative stuff is junk. Money-making junk for shameless hucksters. If your dad has exhausted all science-based medicine, then he has little to lose except all his money and his house in order to try stuff that repeatedly fails. I am sorry to have to say the above. You are well advised to spend the maximum amount of quality time with your father as you can.

Closing this thread due to its age and to avoid the impression of supporting quack treatments.
    05/08-07/08 Tumor appears behind left ear. Followed by serial medical incompetence on the parts of PCP, veteran oncologist and pathologist (misdiagnosis via non-diagnosis). Providential guidance to proper care at an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center.
    07/08 Age 56 DX 1) Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma-Not Otherwise Specified. Stage IV-B, >50 ("innumerable") tumors, bone marrow involvement.
    08/08-12/08 Four cycles CHOEP14 + four cycles GND (Cyclofosfamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, Etoposide, Prednisone & Gemcitabine, Navelbine, Doxil)
    02/09 2) Relapse.
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin > long-term study. NED for 64 twenty-eight day cycles, dose tapered.
    07/13 3) Relapse, 4) Suspected Mutation.
    08/13-02/14 Romidepsin increased, stopped for lack of response. Watch & Wait.
    09/14 Relapse/Progression. Visible cervical nodes appear within 4 days of being checked clear.
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Discontinued to enter second clinical trial.
    10/25/14 Clinical trial of Alisertib/Failed - Progression.
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed/Failed - Progression. 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate/Failed - Progression. 04/17/15
    04/15 Genomic profiling reveals mutation into PTCL-NOS + AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma. Stage IV-B a second time. Two dozen tumors + small intestine (Ileum) involvement.
    04/22/15 TREC (Bendamustine, Etoposide, Carboplatin). Full response in two cycles. PET/CT both clear. Third cycle followed.
    06/15-07/15 Transplant preparation (X-rays, spinal taps, BMB, blood test, MUGA scan, lung function, CMV screening, C-Diff testing etc. etc. etc.) Intrathecal Methotrexate during spinal tap.
    BMB reveals 5) 26% blast cells of 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome MDS), a bone marrow cancer and precursor to Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
    07/11-12/15 Cyclofosfamide + Fludarabine conditioning regimen.
    07/16/15 Total Body Irradiation.
    07/17/15 Moderate intensity Haploidentical Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant receiving my son's peripheral blood stem cells.
    07/21-22/15 Triple dose Cyclofosfamide + Mesna, followed by immunosuppressants Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate Mofetil.
    07/23-08/03/15 Marrow producing zero blood cells. Fever. Hospitalized two weeks.
    08/04/15 Engraftment occurs, and blood cells are measureable - released from hospital.
    08/13/15 Day 26 - Marrow is 100% donor cells. Platelets climbing steadily, red cells follow.
    09/21/15 Acute skin Graft versus Host Disease arrives.
    DEXA scan reveals Osteoporosis.
    09/26/-11/03/15 Prednisone to control skin GvHD.
    11/2015 Acute GvHD re-classified to Chronic Graft versus Host Disease.
    05/2016 Tacrolimus stopped. Prednisone from 30-90mg daily tried. Sirolimus begun.
    09/16/16 Three skin punch biopsies.
    11/04/16 GvHD clinical trial of Ofatumumab (Arzerra) + Prednisone + Methylprednisolone begun.
    12/16 Type II Diabetes, Hypertension - both treatment-related.
    05/17 Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) begun in attempt to control chronic Graft-versus-Host-Disease (cGvHD.
    05/2017 Chronic anemia (low hematocrit). Chronic kidney disease.
    06/17 Trying various antibiotics in a search for tolerable prophylaxis.
    08/17 Bone marrow biopsy reveals the presence of 2% cells with 20q Deletion Myelodysplastic Syndrome, considered to be Minimum Residual Disease.
    12/17 Bone marrow biopsy reveals no abnormalities in the marrow - MDS eradicated. The steroid taper continues.
    01/18 Consented for Kadmon clinical trial of drug KD025, a ROCK2 inhibitor that is believed to help with chronic GvHD.
    03/18 Began 400mg daily of KD025, a rho-Associated Coiled-coil Kinase 2 Inhibitor (ROCK2).
    09/18 Due to refractory GvHD, treatment with Imbruvica (Ibrutinib) or clinical trial of Interleukin2 being considered.

To date: 1 cancer, relapse, 2 cancers, then 3 cancers simultaneously, 18 chemotherapeutic drugs in 9 regimens (4 of them at least twice), 5 salvage regimens, 4 clinical trials, 4 post-transplant immuno-suppressant drugs, the equivalent of 1,000 years of background radiation from scanning from 45+ CT series scans and about 24 PET scans. Having had both lymphoid and myeloid malignancies lend a certain symmetry to the journey.

Believing in the redemptive value of suffering makes all the difference.