A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: New User - Taxol and face pains?

New User - Taxol and face pains?

Hi All,

I'm brand new to this forum - have been browsing it for a few days now and finally plucking up the courage to join (never did anything like this before so i hope I'm doing it right!)

I'm finished AC chemo, wasn't easy but I didn't have pain, just nausea and the dreaded fatigue. Just started this week with Taxol. Woke up this morning with pain down the right side of my face - can anyone tell me if this is part of the neuroplasty side effects?

Thanks for listening! Word of warning, as I get use to this, I'l probably rant on a lot more

Denise
    Age 37
    -Dx 25th November 2004
    - Invasive ductal carcinoma 1.8cm
    - ER/PR+
    - Stage 11
    - 10/22 lymph nodes affected
    - Mastectomy of left breast 7/12/04 with reconstruction using tissue expander
    - 4 AC (completed) 4 Taxol
    - 28 sessions of radiation

Experienced User
    Hi..
    Glad you found the board. I am sure you will get lots of information, and please do rant anytime you want
    Your dx sounds like mine...1.6cm / 1 positive node IDC.
    I did 4 A/C and 4 Taxol dose dense. I did not have the numbing on my face but I did have it in my feet and my finger tips. I did have some tingling in my lower back hip area. All this went away after a few days along with the hidious joint pain. All in all I did find the Taxol easier than the A/C....
    By the way....I am now officially two years out since my dx WHOOHAAA!!!
    so there is light at the end of the tunnel..
    Take care and let us know how you are making out.
    Kristen

Top User
    Hello

Thanks for joining our forum. Make yourself comfortable

Anyway, the pain you are experiencing may or may not be related to Taxol. I would think that this is not an usual site to develop neuropathic pain related to Taxol.

regards,
    Leo
    Leonardo F - Webmaster Cancer Forums
    Disclaimer: this information is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice.

Regular User
    Hi Denise:
    How wonderful you found this site inn Dublin. It is a great place to express your fears and concerns. I just finished four doses of dose dense Taxol. I am experiending neuropathy which is primarily in my hands and feet. However, I had numbness in my uppper lip and my face felt "different" to very soft touch. It is gradually improving. We all react different to the drugs. Keep seeking the answers it is healthy. Blessings, Sharon
    DX: October, 2004,age 59
    Lumpectomy with Sentinel node
    Sentinel node + with 5mm lesion
    ER/PR +
    HER2 -
    Invasive Ductal with 8mm primary lesion
    Dose Dense AC x 4 with Taxol x4
    Radiation x 6weeks

Welcome to you, Denise, all the way from Minnesota. Glad you found our community. It looks like you have gotten some feedback on your questions. That's one of the benefits of a place like this, someone is almost always able to share some helpful personal experinces. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Doctors Leo and Lu and board members are here to help. Take care, Lauri
    Diagnosed 4/11/1996
    Lumpectomy, 6 mm tumor
    Neg. nodes
    ER/PR+
    33 rads
    Tamoxifen, 5 yrs.
    NED

New User - Taxol and face pains?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replying to my post.

The face pain has gone now, Thank God! I was scared stiff that it might have been an allergic reaction to the Taxol. Been on a bit of an emotional and physical rollercoaster since December, still find it hard to believe this is really happening to me. Am amazed I've coped with it so far as I consider myself a really bad patient! Some days it feels like there's gonna be no end to it so viewing the forum and seeing how many others have now completed treatment and are still going strong really helps keep the spirit up and helps me look forward. I know I'll still have dark days but hopefully less of them

See, I told ye I would start to rant!

Bye for now and take care all

Denise
    Age 37
    -Dx 25th November 2004
    - Invasive ductal carcinoma 1.8cm
    - ER/PR+
    - Stage 11
    - 10/22 lymph nodes affected
    - Mastectomy of left breast 7/12/04 with reconstruction using tissue expander
    - 4 AC (completed) 4 Taxol
    - 28 sessions of radiation