The team Leo has asked to design the new forum has added a filter to our current forum. The filter prevents automatic, computerized registrations commonly known as BOTs. It achieves this by adding a question during the registration process that any human being would recognize but that a computer will not recognize.

pbj and I have noticed a significant decrease in the number of applications we have receive over the last few days. I do not know about pbj, but I had applications that I needed to reject today or yesterday. Of course, this does not mean that we will not have more spam. It really just means that the application process now does automatically what pbj and I were spending hours doing.

This means a couple of things to the forum:

1. I will no longer produce the monthly statistical report. I will still keep track of how many actual spammers we let through.

2. I am going to set the "enable account activation" from admin to member. The only problem with this is that we will not be able to send the welcome email that also alerts new members to our no links and no ads policies.

Thanks.