A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Nutrition

Nutrition

I recommend juicing with a GreenStar or Norwalk or maybe even that Super Angel. Look into the Gerson Diet. Whfoods has a food list and essential nutrients list too. Dr Weil has recommended Agaricus Blazei and other Fungi mushrooms. Selenium , vitamin C and folate might be a powerful weapon against cancer. As well as Garlic ,almonds and onions.

What is your personal experience of cancer? All these suggestions have been made many times before. Few of them stand investigation.

1. What you should aim for daily is:
      - Carbohydrates intake: 60% of your diet
      - Protein intake: 25% of your diet
      - Fat intake 15% of your diet
      - Cholesterol intake: 300 mg
      - Sodium intake: 1000 to 3000 mg
      - Fiber intake: 25-30 mg
    2. As we grow older, our metabolism slows down gradually, our activity declines, and there is a tendency to eat more.
    3. Serious and quick dieting may harm rather than help you. It may interfere with hormonal regulation, blood sugar regulation, and lead to unhealthy preoccupation with food, binge eating, and weight obsession.
    4. The benefits of exercise are numerous. Some are enumerated as follows: it will make you lose weight, lower your blood lousy type of cholesterol, increase the healthy type of cholesterol, improve your blood sugar metabolism, reduce your risk of heart disease, lower you blood pressure and heart rate, improve your lean muscle mass, and improve your muscle tone, endurance, and range of motion.
    5. One gram of protein or one gram of sugar, each provides 4 calories, whereas one gram of fat provides 9 calories.
    6. Never starve yourself then binge eat. Try to spread your food intake throughout the day. Have multiple small frequent snacks in the midmornings and afternoons. Take any leftover food when you dine out for a later treat. Eat low-fat food whenever it is possible.

LINKS REMOVED PER FORUM POSTING POLICIES. PLEASE REVIEW IN TOP SECTION OF MAIN PAGE AND COMPLY. THANK YOU
    Last edited by pbj11; 07-14-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Hello All,

I am using Flex Protex D for my joint pain and it is working But I want to know What is the best joint supplement?

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexharvey View Post
    Hello All,

I am using Flex Protex D for my joint pain and it is working But I want to know What is the best joint supplement?
    This is a cancer support site for those with a diagnosis of cancer and their loved ones. I think you may be on the wrong forum?
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.