A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229
Results 2,281 to 2,282 of 2282

Thread: Follicular Lymphoma for a while now

Senior User
    I am very interested in learning about your story. Could you please send me the link? [email protected]. I'm praying tomorrow brings you some hope.

Today was Day 1 of Cycle 3 and, as whiny as I get, things are going pretty well. Tumors are continuing to respond despite my paranoia and side effects are yucky but, as so, so many have said who came before me "doable". I am fortunate to date to have no taste issues, no mouth sores, little in the way of muscle aches. I do have a list of the things that do go wrong and thought indigestion was going to take me out the other night, buy, all in all, things are going as well as one could expect from this therapy. It could clearly be worse...so thanks for all the support and advice, I appreciate both. We will scan after the Cycle 4 infusion.

Four years ago, beginning at stage IV, I had four PET/CTs in succession,at the supposed mid-point of four different regimens, each of which was rather ominously summarized as: "disease progression." The subsequent four years have demonstrated once again that, in Yogi Berra's famously mangled words, "It ain't over until it's over."
    You are exactly correct, sir and I have had the same experience, though on a different path. Four years ago I was being told that both R-CHOP and a SCT were not in the cards for me, due to my comorbidities. Now, of course, circumstances have changed and the alternative dictates the direction of the journey.

Was something on the order of TREC (B+R+Etoposide+Carboplatin) ever considered? Aside from co-morbidities and IPI factors, have any of your 'new' tumors encountered those four drugs? And, if I again remember correctly, TREC was rather effective against relapsed refractory follicular as well as DLBCL.
    No, I can't say that anyone has brought up this line of treatment, POGuy, but I will. I see them next on January 2nd for Cycle 4 and it well be on the agenda. And I will have read up on it by then, lol.

Deb, I am glad you found the tv piece of value. If anyone else is interested in seeing it, you can find it on FB by searching for "the price of service".

Good health,

kermica